Sophia Y. Cizmarik
- Senior Associate
Sophia Y. Cizmarik is a Senior Associate at Barulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group, Inc. Her practice includes estate planning for taxable and non-taxable estates, trust administration, and probate matters. Her practice also includes the preparation and filing of estate tax returns for both taxable estates and for portability.
Prior to joining BDS, Sophia worked as an Associate Attorney at Johnston Kinney Zulaica, LLP, McDowall Cotter, APC, and Laurie Shigekuni & Associates. She began her career at Andersen Tax.
Sophia is conversational in Japanese. When she's not working, she enjoys learning to play golf and spending time with her husband and their young son.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, 2014
- Honors: Vice President of the Hastings Tax Law Student Association
- Major: Tax Concentration
- Law Journal: Hastings Women’s Law Journal, Executive Articles Editor
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia, May, 2012
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco
- M.A., Master of Arts
- Honors: Master Thesis – Implementation of a Jury System in a Criminal Court System in Japan
- Major: Japanese
- University of California, Berkeley, 2006
- Major: Legal Studies
- Contributor and interviewed for “What Would Overturning California’s Proposition 13 Mean for Property Taxes” by V.L. Hendrickson, October 8, 2020, Mansion Global
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award Winner for Negotiation & Settlement
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Estate Planning Council Member
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- BNI – Pacific Horizons San Francisco Chapter, Member